9.19.2011

Let's get Mr. Navy & Ms. Kelly Together !




Kelly is still in love with Navy, at least in my mind.  I am so drawn to the combination these days.  It also seems to be appearing in the requests of a few of my clients, so I have been more than thrilled to think about all the ways to use it.

Let’s get to know the blues first … .





House Beautiful has a great resource book “Blue.”  I have a copy in my studio and when looking for inspiration it’s a great go to.  If you are equally drawn to ways to incorporation blue (and it’s girlfriend kelly) check it out. (available at www.amazon.com)


Another beauty is shown in their October 2011 Issue . . which just hit the stands

Love the Quadrille wall paper !  It’s clean and crisp which is one direction you can take with Navy and White (Design by www.hbhomedesign.com) Quadrille available at www.lucyandcompany.com


What’s not to love about Navy … I am sure you have seen this . . if not, take a re-visit to Mary McDonald’s use of Navy . .  so-o-o- good !



or how about a little punch in the hall of this Manhattan apartment … design by www.ashleywhittakerdesign.com


Now let’s meet Kelly …







All four images compliments of www.decorpad.com

So … when asked to help with a nursery for a long distance client in LA, she as well was drawn to navy and kelly.  We came up with this great combination of goodies. What’s even making this job more fun is the “surprise” factor.  She kindly sent me the ultra sound which reveals the sex of the baby … so I know and they are waiting for the surprise.  We are ordering and making all things navy and white and I am incorporation either Kelly or Hot Pink …  That’s the great thing about navy and white, looks great with kelly or fushia (or the combination of the two)  Take a look at both inspiration boards … only time will tell which accessories will arrive on her door step !



You may remember this image from an earlier post, my client drew her inspiration from a room we did not too long ago.  She loved the navy and white . . so that became our starting point.  She also loved kelly green !  So .. only time will tell which punch color she will get !


I started with this great Ikat in a sharp navy and white . .


And we also brought back the navy shag …


So while thinking about all the great ways to go with navy and white, I began filling my inspiration board (a.k.a the huge push pin board in my home office) with all things navy and white.  I started pulling in kelly options - -  if she were to have a boy, I stood back and looked at the navy, kelly, black and white and just fell in love.

Take a look at this few rug I found at my all time favorite rug source . .The Rug Company (www.therugcompany.com) and stay tuned for more fantastic rugs available through www.lucyandcompany.com


They have spaces all over the globe, but I have visited the NY showroom on Wooster Street and even the showroom is amazing (a must see in NYC)


Sorry   . . wandering …  back to my happy marriage of kelly and navy . .

Both strong colors need a good neutral to make them pop as well as ground them.  Try black and white or grey.. all would work !

Also met with Designer’s Guild rep last week and was blown away with some of the latest fabrics … mixing in the black and white idea.


Last but not least, in all my searching … I came up with this inspiration board for the 2011 March of Dimes Designer House which we are participating in… (stay tuned for a post regarding dates, etc)



Decided to go with the kelly, black and white combination because I love it so much (if you had figured from my Aug 13th post).  Best of all I found out that  Lisa Sherry of Lisa Sherry Interieurs, Inc. (www.lisasherryinterieurs.com) will be designing the room next to ours and she’s pulling in the Navy !!  So great or maybe it’s “two great minds” … . Stay tuned for what we both come up with !

It’s been a fun inspiration-filled afternoon .  Hope you are having one !

- Beth

No comments:

Post a Comment