10.02.2011

Wrapping Up a Design Filled Week !!!

Hi all …
I hate to see the weekend come to an end and this one was such a great one !  The weather actually cooled down . .  so much so I pulled out the sweatshirt and Uggs !  Nice.  Keith pulled out the fire pit . .  what is it with men and fire ?!  Ready for a little smores action.

Hope you had a chance to tour the homes on the Elizabeth Historic Home and Garden Tour.  I did and thought I would share a few of may favorite sites if you missed it.  There were some special homes !


I loved the Lineberger home.  New construction, which is few and far between in Elizabeth.  Most of the neighborhood is filled with 1920’s bungalows.  This one was big and bright with old craftsman details . .  Love the exterior porch !


Take a look at a few things I loved in the house . .





This home, owned by The Fetter’s was special and reminded me of my own 1920’s bungalow, full of great moldings, lots of rooms, pocket doors and beautiful windows.


How peaceful is this front porch !



Their artwork was so fab.


Check out the pockets doors to the dining room - love



Love the mix of old and new . . and check out all the molding and heavy wood doors, with great glass knobs.


I understand Debbie Hartnett of Slate Interiors helped  with this home.  She has such great style !  Check out the fun fixture and the great painted bed !


And wow… the old fireplace. . a reason to buy an old house with all it’s charm.



The touches of beaded board (and the great vintage bed) made this kid’s room unique and something special !


Love the painted mirror and old fixtures !


What really reminded me of both our mountain house and growing up in Connecticut, in our old crooked victorian, was their porch and yard with all it’s charm.



Now that’s a nice pit !


And yes… we have a chicken coop here !


It was a fun afternoon wandering…  Elizabeth was buzzing with people taking it outside with the nice weather. All the houses were beautiful and it was fun to see what other people where doing with their spaces.   But I saved, what I knew would be my favorite and it didn’t disappoint !


Local Charlotte Designer Michel VanDevender, “Style Predator” (I love her card) with Lisa Sherry Interieurs, Inc. (of Charlotte and High Point) graciously allowed me to take some . .  but should I say, tons, of pictures of my favorite house on the tour - hers !!!! It seriously took my breath way.  I must say her use of color, textures, art and furnishings was perfection and I could have stayed for hours just looking at all the amazing finds in her beautiful home . . Being recently shot for Charlotte Home and Garden, on stands October 10th, I was anxious to see it in person !

Michel, thank you so much . .  take a look at this beauty !!!!


When you enter, the colors totally set the tone for the home.  Got to say I love the chandelier (have the same one in my living room !!)  All the layering is amazing and works so well throughout.  It’s such a unique space and like myself, Michel is of the “more is more” mentality !!!  Your eye travels on such a great adventure with every blink!




The dining room is so fun with it’s hexagon wall paper in black and white and the burst of red in the chandelier which both speak back to the living room of grey and the David Hicks upholstered sofa.  Fantastic.


The sitting room in the front of the house follows the same style but unique in its own right. The grouping of art and the sofa pattern is whimsical and so inviting !



I found this small back door mud room area to be nothing run-of-the mill.  Great wall paper and love how she accessorized !


The downstairs bedroom again was great . . loving the paper and the day bed.  Her accessorizing of the bookcase is work done by someone with truly an eye !  Could just curl up on that bed or hunker down with a book in that leather chair !




Her mix of vintage, with new and modern was so inspiring and something I am totally drawn to.  Several of the rooms have the most amazing fixtures, all special on their own.


The upstairs landing of pale blue painted grass cloth was not ignored.  Artwork and stunning Schumacher window treatments give even your walk up and down the stairs a sense of fun …



Loving the upstairs bedroom in it’s dark charcoal with fireplace and that headboard !




Downstairs bath, gotta love this !


It was the Sweetest Home of All !!!!  Even the cupcakes were perfect !!!


Michel, it was a pleasure - and it’s been fun working “next door” at the March of Dimes Designer House !”

Speaking of the March of Dimes Designer House …  an update …

We all have been working hard, painting and installing this past week . .  take a peek at what’s been going on with myself and fellow designers

- Beth

1 comment: