11.07.2011

Wandering and Getting Lucky at the Flea . . .

Hey All . . .

For those of you in or near by Charlotte. NC  Metrolina Expo is a place to spend a sunny weekend day - the first of each month . .  Ashley and I went by there this past weekend in search of a few things, of course, getting things not on our list. .  but we couldn't resist.

I have heard "flea markets are exhausting, overwhelming, too much to look at, can't figure out what I would do with it . . ." and if that's you . . . and are seeing things like this .  . 




or maybe a pile of old jewelry like this . . .


or table after table like this . . .


I am with ya . . . it can all just look like a pile of junk.  

But Flea Markets are great . . . go with something in mind to shop for.  I wanted a chair . . something with an interesting shape, one not falling apart, and one I knew with a little TLC could be amazing.

I came across this one . .  Ugly . . maybe . . 


But when it's done - it could be that special piece in the room that calls attention to. . 

Take a closer  look . . . this is what I see when I look at this chair . . . all it needs is a little love.


 Take a look at a few other jems . . .


Seeing this piece reminds me of a very expensive piece I saw in NYC



and these are just cool !





Love the letters . . . add some light bulbs and make them a focal point - art piece !


See . . .  my find at Market



These earrings, at $15 a pair remind me of old typewriter keys and but also remind me of charm necklaces. . the expensive ones !  Add it to your Heather Moore for pennies !!!


See . .  .



Love these baskets. .  loaded up on the porch with gourds . . just that splash of color you need.


And these are great "broom" fixtures . . 


believe he calls himself goodstuff..ltd...


Loving the "Mesh" fixture . . 


We both wanted this chandelier . . solid antique brass . . .



And lastly . . . this was killing me . . . these are Mastercraft Chairs !  What a find . . .

Amazing . . . . 


and take a look why . . .



Come home with me !!!



So hit the flea, go with an open mind and find something special !!

- Beth


No comments:

Post a Comment