Finished another install last week . . . I gave Ashley the particulars of a new client and her wants and needs and she ran with it. We have a client, expecting her third, so needed to double up her young girls making room for baby ! She started with a big bunk and and cottage style dresser and we helped with the rest.
The room is an odd layout. Very tall, peaked ceiling and somewhat shallow, hence the bunks along one wall. She needed storage mainly for two girls.
Take a Look at the Before . . .
And Take a Look at the After . . .
- We changed the wall color and ceiling to all White !
- Took one of my favorite wall papers . . the trees, but had my installer pain-stakingly cut out just a few of the trees to actually call more attention to the high walls and ceiling (like living up in the trees).
- We picked a new armoire, similar in style to the dresser, huge for storage (or a body !) and went hot pink.
- Lost the curtains.
- Added a splashy rug for color, splash and fun.
- Replaced the art with a big mirror to balance the armoire and large dresser.
- Knob switch-out
- New bedding - grey to stand out from the white walls, and a pillow fabric similar to the hand-drawen tree look.
Great new clean and fresh look - functional now for two girls !!!
photo credit to Ashley Delapp
- Beth and Ashley