12.18.2011

On the Fifth Day of Christmas


my true love gave to me five Golden Rings
four Calling Birds
three French Hens
two Turtle Dove
and a Partridge in a Pear Tree

Hi All. . . 

I am having so much fun with my 12 days . . . let's take a look at day 5.  Now I could try and get all clever like with my spin on "Golden Rings."  I could do an entire post on an install I am working on for Stacy "Gold-ean" or maybe I could go on a nice long rant about Lord of the Rings and my take on design inspired Fantasy Adventure (maybe another day) . . . have to take a look at the most obvious and frankly what I am all about right now . . pure gold, I want a touch of it everywhere !!!

I want this gold (and silver) ring from Stella and Dot !

or (are you reading this Keith) I will take any one . . . 

love Stella and Dot (www.stelladot.com)


Don't you love this pattern !!  I could wear it . . . and Cynthia Rowley does . . .


And she was also genius enough to create a new line of wall paper called "Runway Paper" Check out the three other patterns on her site . .  so pretty !  (www.cynthiarowley.com)

Chanel of course !  And yes I would carry it wearing jeans !



Schumacher has an abundance of gold papers to embellish your walls with !


Faith Connexion Debbie Golden Waxed Jeans

One our last Market trip I was all over the gold accessories.  Take a look at the sconces above - quite the statement pieces or maybe a side lamp.  Driftwood tipped in gold !
Also could not reside the gold coated shell which will be sitting on my foyer console.  Snapped up a few of these pendants as well.  All about the gold !


How about a little "gold leaf" on your dining for foyer ceiling !


or the subtle glimmer and modern twist on paisley panels


an accent table . . . search the fleas for vintage or score a new one. 



If you are handy with the gold leaf, go to town ! Here's a few tips for those who want to . . . 

Gilding Basics 101







You may want to pull out that leaf when you see the price of Eames Side Chair or Fredrick Mattson's design in 24K above.  Let's try this gem from Anthropologie 


A little wall art perhaps?


Sunsurfer, Vail Colorado


How can you possibly resist this decedent place of slumber !


And last but not least . . . 

a little Golden slice of heaven.

A good old fashion Carmel Cake from Caroline's Cakes . . I just ordered mine for Christmas.
Forget making it, it's way too hard !  Best cake I have ever had.






So kick back, untangle your Golden and enjoy the beginning of your holiday !



- Beth


No comments:

Post a Comment