3.07.2012

Entrez, sil vous plait !!

Hi All . . .

With an entrance like this, my client Julie Ahdieh, is locking her side door and re-directing traffic!  I don't blame her, it turned out gorgeous !  Julie and I have been working together for a while now and her  place is really coming together !  Just recently a quick drive by resulted in finding the perfect rug to finish it off . .  take a look at where we started with our design !

I wanted to wall paper the small entrance to add a little much-need pattern.  Her home  has beautiful high ceilings and a tone-on-tone palate, with pops of color - so texture and pattern are key, as well as interesting one-of-a-kind pieces.

This wall paper is called Mini-Croc.  Very subtle, but up close creates a faint stripe effect.  We then incorporated a special rope wrapped console I found at Market this past fall, and a gilded gold lamp that I am obsessed with.




Loving this mini croc paper . . . it's available in 4 colors !  


I originally wanted a piece of art in the space, but when I saw this beautiful hand-made mirror - we both changed our minds.  Made of coral in black, it's texture brings the paper to life and the color gives the walls a little weight !

Then the rug appeared - a natural hide, also in black with a stamped zebra pattern - perfect!  We then added a pair of ottomans in a metallic bronze vinyl with silver nail heads.  Love the mix of metals.



Take a closer look at the subtle but fun wall paper, mirror and lamp !



This is actually a "double" foyer . .  we decided to not neglect the hall area leading from the front door into the main living area.  A great wire table with "stump" bowl sits centered on a small area rug that defines that space.


The dining room blends so perfectly with the entrance . .  Former Lucy and Company Ashley helped Julie with the chandelier and sideboard.  Her wall paper is so beautiful, as are her table and chairs - we needed a few more special pieces to finish it off.






The ground floor is really coming together and blending so well with the new upstairs den we worked together on not too long ago . .   This space turned out amazing . . I had several surprises when I installed this space.  I love that she just let me do my thing.



Dad's Office was my most recent install.  It's a nice, big space off the master bedroom, but until now it housed a treadmill, TV and a furniture without a home - two club chairs that got the boot from the new upstairs den.

These were my thoughts . . .

Oddly for me, we kept the wall color and blinds and worked within that color scheme.  I wanted it "Manly" not a "Man Cave."  We needed a desk, sitting area and a few accessories .  .

Finished product . . .


We chose to recover those discarded club chairs, leaving the skirt off and shortening the back pillow.  Being that the desk was our initial find, and we kept the wall color, I happened across this great stripe that tied it together.


We found another great, random fabric for the desk chairs and pillows


Added a floor lamp and twig side table.


Check out the ottoman we covered in a natural hide - probably my favorite new piece !  Loved that we could recycle some pieces and bring new life to them.


And it doesn't hurt being married to an artist that can create a few quick pieces for me . . . 

All four pieces by Keith Keim.  One of wax, two of tar, and one of pen and ink - perfect.

Thanks Julie . . love working together !

- Beth


No comments:

Post a Comment