3.27.2012

Install of the Day !

Hi There . . .

Had an amazing install today !  Love my client's the Cordiero's . . Love that they had a blank slate and a lot of trust - cause I held everything in my shop until it all arrived, not long about 6 weeks !!  Wanted one of those "ta-da" moments - and Brittany didn't disappoint.. I love when I see a happy tear or two !!

She  came in for our design meeting and after some thought decided to go for the bigger sofa (and a little nicer with a down wrapped seat) which I love . . and it will last and last . .  if you love something that much it is so worth it - just get it.

Take a look at our starting point . . 

We chose to work in the blues, grays and neutral tones . . They have a long narrow room that lacked any type of storage - and they needed it . .  We flanked two roomy and pretty storage pieces of old pine on either side of the sofa with sconces above.




A graphic gray and white striped flat weave rug anchored the space and two new blue chairs with fun beaded pillows complete the seating area.  I styled up the mantle a bit with new frames and a visit outside to a big magnolia tree !


The dining room was where we had a little fun.  They had a black table and chairs which I worked around.   Added an oversized and dramatic chandelier, found a slim wall console - painted it and added a funky lamp and mirror.

The wall paper was a little on the pricey side so my sweet husband helped in re-creating the look with a hand painted version . .  thanks Keith






The details do matter !!! Take a look at these gorgeous wall sconces.  I love the mix of glam and rustic.  It just added that interest and keeps things from being too ordinary - they're unpredictable !


A few new fun pillows and a great modern floral . . 


And a whimsical art piece finishes the look off for the dog lovers !


Relax and enjoy your "grown up" space !


Thanks Cordiero's

- Beth





No comments:

Post a Comment