3.19.2012

Spotlight Artist . . Sally King Benedict . .

Howdy . . 

While I was in Charleston this past weekend, I paid a visit to Sally Benedict's studio.   Sally kindly let me invade here amazing space.  I had total - studio, high ceiling, all white, french door to balcony envy, and she could not have been any cuter with her expecting baby belly, smock, and paint-brush-in-hand self.  I loved taking a close look at her beautiful work . . . Take a look at some of the images I captured. . 










And from her website . . .

Texas Summer, 40 x 30
oil, acrylic and gouache on canvas

14th Street, 18 x 24
oil and enamel on linen


Beach Club, 48 x 48
oil, acrylic, gouache and charcoal on canvas

No. 7, 48 x 48 
oil on canvas

Tea Party, 48 x 48
mixed media on canvas


And Sally is being featured in the March issue of Matchbook Magazine !





So in need of some whimsy and color in your art. . . she will be up your alley !

Thanks Sally !

- Beth

1 comment:

  1. I thought so! When I saw her name in your title I thought I had seen her work in Matchbook and was in awe of the color and technique she uses in her work. And you got to see her studio??!! How awesome! I'd love to own a piece of her work someday.

    ReplyDelete