4.11.2012

Chalk It Up !

Hey All . . 

It's funny how I can be so "anti" this or that, then suddenly it appears in my "must-haves."  I remember not too long ago . . . well maybe in the late 90's I swore I would never have a single piece of wall paper in my house . .  oh man, how that has changed, now I can't get enough.  So never say never !

I always thought chalk board walls were a nightmare . .  messy, dusty, dark.  I did my share of coloring our front walkway for a hopscotch game with the kids - loved it while it was happening on a sunny afternoon - but then could not wait for it to rain that mess away - (I know - I am that person that has to have everything at a 45 degree angle on my desk) . .




Well it has appeared in my kitchen.  I love the black hole of depth, I love the spontaneous comments by my kids, I love the instant class room (so I don't have to hoof my sometimes lazy butt upstairs during homework time).  I love the "in my face grocery list."  



Take a look at some other images out there . . .

via Pinterest




Where I got my kitchen idea . . 

via Pinterest

For all the lovebirds out there to leave sweet notes  . .  like the lipstick on the bathroom mirror. . you know you have done that at least once in your life.

Lisa Sherry, via Lonny

Especially love the sliding door hardware

via Pinterest

Good way to funk up an old - yuck fridge . .  and make it cool.

via Pinterest

Ok. . this I dig, but I can't carry it in my purse . . my old-school husband would love it.

via Pinterest


Until the art arrives, or maybe not !

via Anthropologie


So needless to day . .  I am loving the look, maybe it's the black and white combo, maybe it's the sweet notes, maybe it's the ever changing "art," and maybe like everything I think I will keep - I'll paint over.  But for now - it's my love of the moment.

Related favorites . . 

Take a look at this . . . must have . . .


Want a little color . . . Hudson Paint offers your chalkboard paint in 24 colors . . .



Now if I could just find an "old school eraser" as oppose to the baby wipes I still keep under the kitchen sink to wipe off everything !

- Beth

No comments:

Post a Comment