8.03.2012

Install of the Day!

Hey there . . .

Well in July I was busy meeting, ordering and orchestrating and August is now upon me and the installs are beginning. This is the first of 15 this month  - five kids rooms, two outdoor spaces, a mountain chic den, a sophisticated playroom, a sun porch, a living room, a kitchen tweak and a big road trip to Florida for three little girls wrapping up the month! Whew. . . the diversity is big lately and I love it.  

So welcome August . . . here's install no. 1

Kids were away at camp and Mom had a chance to do some things around the house while they were gone . . . (like clean out those closets and toss all the things they won't let us when they're home).  One of my favorite things to do is surprise those kids when they come home with a new room.  Whether it's finally retiring all the baby stuff for the teenage years, or a move over the summer into a new house - either way it's a great start for the new school year.

One such client was Jennifer Miralia and her daughter Anna.  The room needed a little help and a little color and Anna gave me a head start with a new coverlet she found.  Mom sent me some pictures of the room and I started pulling my thoughts together.



My starting point . . Anna's coverlet choice . . . from Urban Outfitters
I loved it . . . a bit gypsy, a bit retro and filled with a great color combination.  I decided to play up all the color and I gave the room two focal walls, the bed wall . . .



and the first wall you see when you walk in the room . . . 
twice the fun.  The coverlet has so full of pattern and in this case, I continued on my pattern trail of happiness.  I layered and layered.


with some green doors thrown in.


Anna came home from camp . . . a happy girl!



Here's a closer look at the details . . . I had to have this lamp (thanks Jennifer..)

It's is so gorgeous.  Hand embroidered in Mexico on a beautiful gold tri-leg base and fun finial.
We pulled a new teal chair in the room for reading and homework (with a fun owl pillow, compliments of Surroundings here in Charlotte)


Added a  jute rug for more texture and to break up a lot of wall to wall.
Fun graphic wall paper and a little original art.


The orange armoire opposite the orange walls, great color balance (and storage!) 
We repainted her existing dresser and swapped out the mirror.  The wood tones of the blinds play back to the mirror. An new nightstand and lamp.


And a little over-head vintage love to replace the sweet chandelier for a little more funk.


Must say - all parties were happy, and that made my day!


Thanks so much Jen and Anna, it was a pleasure!





No comments:

Post a Comment