8.21.2012

Install of the Day!

Hey There . . . 

I know - the posts have been few and far between this month . . . main reason - installing all over the place !  What does it take for an install, major organization !  The one thing I LOVE to do is receive all my pieces for the job (and a few unexpected ones - the little surprises that a client might not be able to invasion at an initial meeting, but "get it" when I do the reveal) and keep them at the shop until "install day."  

Install time usually means meeting my painters and wall paper installer on site day one, and deliver and set up on day two !  Organization is key, thinking of all the details, checking everything.  Years at it help in a successful couple of days . . .

Take a look at my most recent of three girl's rooms this month.  Susan Cox and her daughter Lily.
My dilemma in this room - two off set windows and the desire of a four-poster bed.  The window wall was the best choice for placement off the bed, so in an attempt to make it work, I suggested having the window treatments blend in with the wall.  Next dilemma - my client loved this fabric, but it wasn't available in a wall paper !  My solution, pull my artist husband Keith in to paint the flowers on the wall!

Take a look at the inspiration board . . .



Now this is a fantastically busy, bright and saturated fabric.  Using that dark base coat in the entire room would be too much in this case, so we chose to paint the remaining three walls a paler pink.  We then chose a dirty, robin's egg blue rug and fun pillows to coordinate with the fabric.

With the bed placed in the window, I asked my vendor to lower the height of the headboard, which they obliged, as not to block the light too much.  My seamstress created these functional romans without too much fuss and frill as well.


And there's the result !




Lily is quite the artist girl . . . don't you love her windows !




Thanks Lily and Susan . . . it was fun - 



No comments:

Post a Comment