8.08.2012

Install of the Day . . .

Design Seekers,

Today I installed another August "big girl" room for my returning client Lora Connor.  Her second daughter was escaping from her crib and it was time.  Not too long ago I worked on the colors of her master bedroom and upstairs play space to include cool grays.  We tweaked those rooms with new bedding and accessories, storage and updated furniture.   This grey/lavender color was a nice transition into the room just feet from my grays and of course pink was a request. She fell in love with this funky ikat that was sitting out in my office one day - so we had a direction!

The design . . .



The room . . .


The room was small, but even so I wanted a queen bed . . . thinking long term for a possible move.  Decided to float some shelves on one side with a small night stand and lamp on the other.   The main focal point was the headboard and the fun windows.  Pay attention to your accessories and keep it sleek when you have a small space !



The upstairs of Lora's house has a small landing area she is using for a play area, just off this bedroom.  Not too long ago my carpenter built a TV / game storage piece for me.  Painting it one shade darker than the walls helped in visually making the room look bigger.  

We recovered her existing sofa and ottoman in the blues and greens she loved and that were pulled from the master next door.   I helped her hang a grouping on the wall for fun . . my last bit of advise . .  get a floor lamp (like this one!).  Done.


I love these pillows, they make the room !  We took the stripe and created a more graphic box pattern - or I should say my brilliantly talented seamstress' Karen and Amy did !!  Nice job... could those corners be any more perfect !



So thanks again Connors . . . always fun to work together !  And thanks too to my talented subs !




No comments:

Post a Comment