9.01.2012

Install of the Week Part 3.

Hey There . . .

And I also know I am in Florida when I can get up close and personal to an Egret.  I love watching them gracefully strut around.  I took this picture in front of the hotel . . . If you haven't played around with Photoshop Elements - you should . . . I might frame this.  I love the watercolor look with the greys, purples and lavenders - just what Miss Wryn will see this afternoon - a little purple !



Back for round 3 down here in Florida and the end of 8 for the week . . . gotta say - that's a little insane of me, but it's been so worth it and my favorite part of the job - the installs.  Take a look at what we planned for Wryn, the youngest of the family.  

How did this start - with a pillow Sunday had - I loved it . . actually used that same fabric in an Atlanta job not too long ago.  Goes to show you can use a certain fabric in many applications achieving a different look each time.

This paper too is one of my new favorites - We chose it - because it's just plain cool, we also chose it for an easy transition to a "big girl" room in the future. It's a great accent paper.  The ribbons actually look like the jump off the wall.

Wryn's room didn't need as much, but it did need some styling up.

The goal was to incorporate the plums, purples and lavenders with a grey, white and cream combination.  This room is visible down the hallway from the main living space which uses a lot of grey tones so it's a nice transition.  It also shares a jack and jill bathroom with Ella's room, so I stayed in the warm tones.


We added a big fun mirror, a cornice in the same pillow fabric and a new crib which converts to a daybed.



Now that I have been in the house for a few days, I was able to see it in detail - see some of Sunday's things, and it's now a good time to think about a new extra pieces to help complete the look.
I think this room needs a good floor lamp.  I am choosing the orange because I would love to add a splash as well as tie it to Ella's room filled with pops of orange.  They share a bath, bringing in a little orange in there as well would be a great choice.

I also think she needs a fun painting over the crib - something long.

Now take a look at the room  again with these few new additions.


We did add a great overhead light.  These two fixtures, the floor and overhead are made of the same materials and would work well together.



We ordered the crib with bed conversion from Oeuf.  They are a vendor of ours and I love their sleek, affordable nursery furniture and accessories.  Take a look at some of their other great pieces !

All available at www.lucyandcompany.com



Well that does it for my girls in Florida . . .  what a great, productive trip it has been.  The best part was seeing it all come together and getting to know such a special family.









2 comments:

  1. Do you have a bigger picture of this Stray Dog chandelier? I LOVE it and would consider ordering it, but I would love to see a better picture.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi... be glad to send you bigger pictures.... can i get your email address !

      thanks
      beth

      Delete