10.25.2012

An Oasis in the City . . . Part One.

Hey There . . .

When my client's Scott and Melanie Freeman called me to get involved with their garage renovation, new exterior guest suite and overall exterior haven I knew I wanted to create something "rustic chic."  Their property is hidden down a driveway with a large pond.   You would never know it's right off Providence Road.  It's an amazing escape and so secluded. The garage was just that - a garage, on the back of the house with a lead in to the main hallway of the house and just off the pool area.  The plan - a family room for their growing family.  The new garage would then be built and located in the back with a new guest suite above it - a perfect on site get-a-way for the kids and visiting family.  This entire project also included new landscaping to tie in their existing pool are.

The project started with exterior plans by Legacy Landscaping and interior plans by The Salins Group. Adriana Herrera of Cucina Design Studio jumped in on the bath, cabinet and tile selection.

Take a look at the plans for the new exterior.




I was hoping Ben Collins of the Salins Group would be pulled in as General Contractor - my number one choice.  I know Ben by his work with several other clients and he always brings something new and creative to the mix.  His project manager Thomas was on it and great to work with, making my job easy.

image via Chris of The Scout Guide






I checked in not too long ago - cars were gone, sheet rock was up and ready, the big built in was almost done.  I couldn't wait to see it painted.



I came up with a plan . . . to mix leather, wood, the look of hand sketched paper, lucite and metal, all the makings of rustic chic.

Take a look at my "inspiration."



Tomorrow we are installing !  Stay tuned for the finished product . . .