11.21.2012

Install of the Day !


Hey There . . .

This was a big install.  Yesterday I was over at Jen Dyer's, installing their sunporch, family room and dining room.   I have a grand plan for the first floor and it made my day to see these rooms come together in time and on schedule for the holidays. I did a post on their Colonial Williamsburg style home at the end of August when I completed the front living room ... ready to see  the rest of the first floor ? ! 

Take a look at the sun porch.  Jen and I agree it's our favorite room. . . so pretty !


A long narrow room with tons of big windows letting the light flow in !  Karen and Amy did such a beautiful job with our window treatments.  This fabric (available at Lucy and Company) blended the gold and blues front the front of the house to the back.  We recovered her existing sofa and two chairs, added two new chandeliers, a breakfast table with her chairs and a new vinyl upholstered bench.  If you haven't been Campbell's Nursery, you must. The owner,  Jessie saved the perfect Figgle Fig tree for my install today.  The room was screaming for live green !  These trees are easy to care for, tall and impressive.  Please keep the greenery live people.


Accessories completed the room.  They always do and pull off a finished and complete look !


Could you not just hang in this room all afternoon !  Love how it turned out. 



 If you read the back story, this entire project and it's colors all started in the dining room with a rug.  I was to work around that and the colors in that rug are filtered throughout the entire first floor.
Reds, blues and golds, perfect for this style home and works with their traditional style.  Take a look at the finished dining room.  A large, very traditional space with timeless pieces.  I love that Jen let me edge it up a bit with the mirror over the mantle ! 

All dressed up for Thanksgiving.







Take a look back to the front living room I completed over the summer.  



The front living room opens into the new den (and further into the new sun porch).  The Dyer's painted this family room gold prior to pulling me in to help.  I wanted it all to tie back to the dining room rug and think we pulled it off in a bright, fresh way.

In the family room I kept the red club chairs and worked around those with a new blue sectional.  This tight back is layered with occasional pillows pulling in the reds, blues and golds.





I hung an original piece by Marcy Gregg over the fireplace.  Visually that piece complements both this room and the sunporch just through the french doors.

(all photos by beth keim)
So when coming up with a plan for your entire downstairs that opens from one room to another, really think your furniture and colors as a whole.  Now I created these design boards to help my client visualize and was lucky enough to have such a trusting client who let me just go with all the accessories and finishing touches to complete the look !  I tweak and change things a bit in the moment but I have a plan I follow and these boards help.





So happy it all came together in time to enjoy with company coming in !





1 comment: