2.17.2013

How to Loosen Up Old Fashion Furnishings . . .

Happy Sunday . . .

I am, and have always been, a huge Kelly Wearstler fan.  I love her use of pattern and color and her ability to layer the unexpected is inspiring the say the least.  She is the single reason I changed all the trim color in my entire house .. room by room, color by color.

She has recently joined the impressive line up of designers to translate her vision in the much needed 5th wall .. the floor.  Her floor coverings are a visual feast and adds to the endless available options of beauty The Rug Company provides !

The queen of Hollywood Regency, and whose quote I love . . . "That's so last Tuesday," joined the London-based Rug Company as the first American designer to launch her collection.  Her patterns take cues from the world of nature.  Prices range from $80 to $130 per square foot.  She explains her muted but modern rugs are meant to "loosen up" old fashion furnishings.  "Traditional carpet and traditional furnishing equal your grandparents," she warns, and I totally agree.




Recently in New York for a book signing at The Rug Company... her new creations are now first and foremost in my mind and I am anxious to design an entire room around one. Get your copy of her fourth book Rhapsody and add it to your coffee table book collection, it's a good one!

I think on this snowy Sunday I'll curl up a while and get inspired.










(published by Rizzoli USA, all images courtesy of Rizzoli)











No comments:

Post a Comment