2.10.2013

Install of the Day !

Hi There . . .

I think I was a little crazy to dive into not one,  but two installs the same week as a big photo shoot at my pad, but somehow we managed to pull it off.  Laurie Diman and her Boston boy husband Andy were so such fun to work with and so excited I couldn't wait.  So today we arrived with all the goodies to set up her new living space!

Let's see, where did we start, it was a blank slate.  She loved Ikat patterns (as do I) and her house was filled with warm tones mixed with neutrals.   I found she was drawn to a cottage type look, which she had done very well, but this girl had a little edge to her!   In this room, I wanted to add a few more eclectic pieces in a warm and inviting color palate that blended well with her existing kitchen, foyer and dining room.  The blues and oranges also re-appeared in her back playroom so the transition between room made for a visual sigh !

 Take a look at what I pulled for my design board.




The first thing we did was remove the popcorn .. yuck.. ceiling and her carpenter added new trim work around the stone fireplace, where there was none.. it really helped that tall, slanted wall.  We painted a fresh, light wall color to brighten the space.   I wanted the art, rug, and windows to do the color talking.



We then flanked the fireplace with two large, mirror front storage cabinets and two tall side lamps which all worked to bring the big ceiling down a bit.  Keith created two large paintings for me to fill the wall with color and balance the height of the new trim work.  This bit of abstract art always breaks up what can be too traditional and with ceilings this tall, smaller photo and art would get lost.



 We created another grouping on the other large wall, all on a big scale, using a great new mirror and pieces she already had, loved, and didn't have a place to put.


The details in this space I love.  The pillow detail, interesting lamps, a custom ottoman, an iron side table.  All the different furniture styles and finishes make it more interesting and create that eclectic look I was going for.








It was a great project, big empty rooms are always fun!  And her husband Andy got his new, bigger, TV, and that's all that really mattered.




Happy Sunday. . .



No comments:

Post a Comment