2.22.2013

Install of the Day!

Hey There . . . 

Amazing day today, weather was gorgeous and my latest install went off without a hitch.  I was so excited to see this room come together.  It's high on my favorite list and Mekenzie captured it so perfectly.  Liz Bouleware called me to help with her family room.   It was time for an update.  The goal "lighten things up and I want a "beach" vibe".   We started with new french doors!


Liz's request - light and bright for this beach girl.  My first find, this gorgeous fabric.  With it's HUGE repeat, I knew it would make the big wall statement I was looking for . . .


. . . fabric decided, I started pulling in the new pieces.  I great mixture of light wood, leathers, seagrass, burlaps and a shell or two.  The Bouleware home is traditional, from the front door back and it's predominate colors are tan and a deep red.  Liz did, however, give the dining room a fresh coat of slate blue paint.  It was that blue I pulled in the back of the house, mixed with a lot of creams to give her the airy feeling she was looking for.  Surf and Sand -  man . . . but not too literal.  On a day like today, with the sun pouring in the windows (and new french doors), I almost felt like it was June, not February !

Take a look at the design board.


Take a look at the finished product.


Loving my vintage pair of "X" ottomans.  A great find from Slate Interiors.


And I cannot get enough of this pattern!  We also re purposed a rattan ottoman I snagged from the master bedroom.


Dig the lamps, low for the sofa console and texture galore . . .


A subtle bit of burlap rope on the occasional pillows . . .


Milk-glass cabinet doors to hide all that pesky TV stuff. . .



A new rug, paying homage to the traditional feel of the front of the house, but lighter and brighter . . .


. . . and a kid (and puppy) friendly tufted ottoman with traditional legs, mixed with a more modern sectional and rope side table.



. . . a re purposed club chair - new fabric is a simple fix if the lines are good . . .




Adele likes her new digs . . and her big 'ole bone.


all above photos by Mekenzie France


Now that the room is complete, picking the perfect overhead was easy, and the winner is . . .


. . . with our new colors in place, the adjoining powder room needed a little, fun splashy paper.
Isn't this yum! 



All these goodies available at www.lucyandcompany.com

Great day, thanks to the team . . . Shawn for his french door and trim work, my painters, Eddie and the boys, Ashley Mullis - who is always a perfectionist, Erin, great pillows, Darren - my upholstery go to and Amy and Karen - those curtains !!!  Great job Mekenzie on these photos and Bree (new to the team - getting to see what a week of 3 installs is really like !!!)

Happy Friday

No comments:

Post a Comment