4.19.2013

Install of the Day !

Happy Friday All . . 

The Freeman's are back . .  I think when this is all said and done I will have influenced the entire property which I am thrilled about.  We aim to update it all with a cohesive, stylish, urban chic look.  The family room  (here) and garage apartment (here) were big renovations, we are back in the house giving the master bedroom a new look.  Now with the family spaces so comfortable and fun for this growing family, Mom and Dad needed a retreat equally stylish but a little more restful.  

This property is tucked away in the "woods" with an artistic, rustic, but chic feel.  Each space I have working on has a bit of the "woods" represented in a literal or subtle kind of way.  This room leans more on the elegant side with those rustic colors and a lot of texture, but softer.

My first board included a busy wall paper with the subtle look of hand-drawn flowering branches.  While I loved it, I couldn't get Scott on board with those flowers !  No worries.... let's revise !!



Plan B . .  the look of strie with a touch of metallic, love that too.  I simplified the rug and chair as well.    But we all love the side tables, bed and blinds.  I have used these sides before in a living space, they work equally as well as bedsides.  I love them.  The dresser, mid-century I came across at Slate one day and snagged it along with solid grey marble lamps.


Take a look at the finished product !



 

(photography by mekenzie france)



What's next . . . the living room lounge . . stay tuned.











1 comment: