6.14.2013

Install of the Day !

Hi There . . . .

Yesterday I finished and tweaked a few rooms for a long time client.  What I love is that we have known each other for a while now and we "get" each other.  I know her likes and dislikes and I feel confident bringing things over things I haven't shown her but know will work!  I also know every inch of the house and when I come across something perfect, I grab it.   There isn't a lot of back and forth - There isn't a lot of questioning -   just trust and I appreciate that.  The house is looking gorgeous, and coming together beautifully.  She's a dream client. 

Take a look at a few finds I pulled in recently . . .




We finished off the breakfast room with tall, simple window treatments.  They softened the plank walls and were the icing on the cake.


Now the breakfast room, with it's custom rug, curved bench and chairs is the perfect place to have a long breakfast and take in the backyard view.  Square room, round table - have a custom rug made or carpet cut - it's your best option.

And love the horizontal plank walls with tone on tone window panels.


The architectural and design details are what this house is all about.  Love the vault over the kitchen table with beams to accent it's shape.  
The adjoining family room bookcases are backed with lavender grass cloth paper (my client's choice accent color for this room), personal photos and sentimental pieces are layered, stacked, leaning and hung.


Upholstered kitchen chairs, no worries.  The fronts can be a cleanable vinyl and the backs can be an accent fabric in a fun pattern.


Round table - curved bench, in the same vinyl.


And why not bring the same vinyl onto the bar stools as well.  Nail heads are a great way to accent the shape of a piece of furniture and make it pop.


Now the family room, kitchen and breakfast room are all cohesive spaces, with calm colors and just a pop here and there in the accent chair and pillows.




Pillows are a great combination of organic and graphic.


And texture fills the bookcases with shiny, metal, wood, art, glass, books, vases 
a vintage box.  Just pay attention to the scale !






One of my favorite pieces is above - grandmother's costume jewelry shadow boxed.  (Veronica - you are an artist!).



The nearby hall bath carries the same color tones with another pop of orange in the form of this fun and sophisticated paper !  LOVE the fish.  


Powder rooms are where the fun can happen !  Why not, small space, everyone will visit!


The family room, kitchen, breakfast and powder room all work with the newly finished dining room (see full post here) without being overly "match-match."  While a color story is important for continuity, I really like each space to have their own personality.  I just believe keeping the same tone and feel is important!  This dining room turned out just as we imagined, so amazing.


all photos by mekenzie france

It was a fun afternoon taking these photos with Mekenzie, I could actually walk around and take a good look at how it all came together.  

Happy Friday !






2 comments:

  1. Love the look! Where can I purchase the bar stools?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Where is that curved banquette from? It is exactly what I need

    ReplyDelete