8.21.2013

Install of the Day !

Hi There . . .

Ready for a big transformation, take a look at what a little paint (and a fab new fabric can do!)  I love this room.  This space went from dark and dated to airy and bright with a little more style.   Take a look at where we started . . 


My inspiration for this family room was the painting over the fireplace.  Very sentimental and important to this family.  I wanted to pull the colors from it, yet lighten the room and add more modern elements. 

I gave my client two different directions, one focusing on the kelly green in the painting, another with a little more color . . . these are the boards I created . . . 




The winner was . .  a little more color.  I think it was the gorgeous Schumacher fabric, thank you Martin Lawrence Bullard . . .

We painted all that wood panelling, windows and doors white, but left the mantle and built in T.V. cabinet wood for a little contrast.  The grass cloth gave the walls some texture, and the new windows some wow.  

Take a look at the finished product.






While working on this family room, we also updated the main powder room.  The Phillip Jeffries wall paper was the showstopper.




We also updated the guest room and guest bath.  I hand it to my Pinterest and Houzz loving client for picking out a great vanity and tile,  I jumped in to help with the colors, wall paper, fabric and fixtures.


The guest room needed a new look as well.  I brought the colors from the front of the house and created a soothing, calm oasis.



The dining room was our project last year and it began all these gorgeous new colors.  Take a look as the beginning of this project to see how the whole first floor is now coming together !



It's been a great project, with a fun client.  I love seeing it all come together.



1 comment:

  1. Hello- love this living room. Could you give me more information on the 3 piece ottoman?

    Thanks!

    ReplyDelete