9.13.2013

Hot off the Floral Press !

Hey There. . 

Charlotte Home and Garden hit the stands recently. Be sure and get your copy . . Loved the images Peter Taylor took of a room I installed for Taylor Cheifetz.  The room focused on the gorgeous floral fabric I chose for the windows, and then pulled from for those colors to fill the room.  I was reading my copy and there was an great story about Liz and Jimmy Foster's Dilworth home.  I pass this house every day on the way to my office and have always loved this curbside beauty.  After reading the story, I am finding myself wanted to creep in their driveway and take a closer look.  So beautiful.  

I snagged a few images (photography by Logan Cyrus) from Charlotte Magazine's Home and Garden, September 2013 issue of the Foster home, and added a few images of Taylor's inspiration fabric. I am having a floral love affair at the moment !


A little bit about the Foster home . . . from Charlotte Magazine (story by Aleigh Acerni)

Gorgeous from a distance, when the Foster's purchased the home in 1996, it was a "rescue mission and looked like a haunted house," said Liz.  This retired interior design (but once a designer, always a designer as far as I am concerned...) moved her attention to the landscaping after a year long interior renovation.  She considered the grounds, despite their sad shape, something that should be "beautiful and robust."  She worked with Brian Zimmerman to create a plan for the garden.  They approached each section of the yard as it's own unique space - which any interior designer would !  Now each exterior "room" is filled with blooming floral and herbs, bushes and graceful trees.  Like an English Garden, spilling into the pool area, over gates, pots, steps, walkways and the gazebo where their younger daughter was married.

I wanted the punch of color and pattern when I did Taylor's room and this fabric did the trick.

photos by Peter Taylor



Floral is the name of the game... I can't get enough.  Bring a little into your space.  No one does it better than Designers Guild, take a look at a few of my favorites (all available at www.lucyandcompany.com)  
Let one of these be your inspiration.













To read more, get your copy (here)



Stop and smell the roses !