10.04.2013

Install of the Day !

Hi There . . .

Do you have a bedroom with awkward walls, slopes and windows?  Are you finding it difficult to find a place for the bed and just putting it on the biggest, empty wall?  Are you a teenager now and ready to edge up your look?  These were the things I was handed when I started designing Ann Eubank's room.  In high school now, Ann needed a little updating.  It was time to retire the pink and green.  The one thing I was asked to incorporate in this space was the combination of navy and lavender - really more of a heather color.  I love that combination.  Where did I start?   This rug.  Love it.


I quickly pulled a very graphic wall paper, F. Schumacher's Trellis pattern.  It's been around, but I have never used it, until now.  Convincing Martha and Ann to turn the bed into the window and create a focal point, it was the perfect wall for paper and opened the room up.  


Take a look at a few of the details Mekenzie shot for me today.






all photos by mekenzie france

Notice anything missing . . . yeah, that cool rug it all started from.  Welcome to my "it's back-ordered" world.  But anxious to get Ann in her room, we'll just filter it in asap.

Happy Friday !



No comments:

Post a Comment