1.01.2016

Totally Changing it Up !

Hi There . . .

Happy January 1st !!!!   Ok so I guess I should have put a sign in the window to stop the realtors from emailing me about my vacated building, lol.   It's time for a re-design, a different look and mainly a different use of space, hence the current, empty, white box that is my studio.



We have always had a huge showroom in the front of the building.  Tons of furniture, tons of stuff. A place clients can get inspired, but not a retail store.  It has gone through several different looks and has always been fun redesigning and pulling in different styles and colors.  Every year or so I re-design it to freshen it up and fill it with what inspires me at that time.

We are changing it up though.  Moving our resources - fabrics and wall papers, desks and meeting areas to the front, gutting the back for much needed storage.  We cannot wait and over the holiday we got it rolling !  Sold everything off and painted all the floors and walls  a clean, calm white.



We are so excited to be creating a space we can all enjoy with more natural light and more room to spread out.  Everything is out in the open and we'll have a much nicer space to meet and coordinate all the many, many details in pulling off these big installs !


So yeah, we painted the dark, engineered wood floor I installed when I bought the building.. yes it can be done with a good good primer and painters that know what they are doing.  All the walls are Ben Moore Decorator White with black trimmed windows.  We are adding new, custom barn doors to the back of the building.  I saved the giant "living" (faux really) succulent walls that Maggie and I made for Mekenzie's wedding reception to hang over a really pretty, large black console cabinet to house the primer and other office stuff.  We are mixing in three different style "desks" which aren't desks at all.  All three are dining table, one rectangular, one round, one square for the girls.  Behind all the desks, a tall, cain armoire, perfect for personal stuff as well as paper and such.

Take a look.












Now of course, we all need it pretty, so mixing in plenty of art.  These feather pieces I still love and have had newly framed.



Adding in a few light bulb sketches for all the brilliant ideas we hope to have.....


A little something organic and lo cal to remind me to replace the bag of chips I want for lunch to a salad for 2016.

And a little "serious" art.  Keith is working on and I love these resin pieces.  Each one is different and when framed in a floating frame or Lucite box they are looking gorgeous.



Another corner of the big room will have a sectional (clients still need to touch and feel and this particular vendor is my go to for custom sofas), new tone on tone patchwork hide rug (my current obsession), and a but bunch of accessories, mainly art.  Having all new cabinets made to house all those fabrics and big fabric books as wells as other clever storage ideas.








Should really be clean, functional and a whole new feel and function for 2016.


It's a large space, so have an additional 140" dining table on the way for big presentations and 4 gorgeous new chandeliers similar to these .. but so much better . . .


Here they are . . . 



So stay tuned and you clients I have meetings scheduled for the New Year.. can't wait to show off !