7.14.2016

Install of the Day !

Hi There !

So in my head I'm on East Coast time, though I'm on the West Coast at the moment... a little trip to LA and San Diego to see two clients and celebrate Lucy's 17th Birthday!  Last year we went to London and Paris and for some crazy reason she wanted to go to LA this year.. hum.. ok... so doing all the things she wants to do while staying at a really cool place for me!

But this am early, I jumped on Flickr (btw, its the home of all the design installation shots we at Lucy and Co have completed and Mekenzie has shot !)  to see if the images of last weeks install were up and yes !!! She just downloaded our last installation pre-vacation.

Take a look at this job - very different and so fun.... just kills me that I couldn't be there personally to welcome them home and see their reaction.  Texting and phone reaction will have to do....

The entry foyer really sets the tone . . .


Wall paper through out !


And Josh's light fixture - what a show stopper.


I wasn't afraid to mix patterns as well ! 


Just off the foyer we added a black grass cloth to both the powder room and the dining room.


Gaby's office, just off the foyer as well was already a deep semi gloss grey... love it.  We hung her art, kept her chandelier, but added the rest.  I love this space !  I could work in there for sure.


Opposite the desk the most gorgeous mirror.



And the dining room is opposite her office.  The perfect combination of black and white all atop a large patchwork hide rug.





Meanwhile Jeff's office was the biggest change. We covered the walls fully with wood paneling, horizontally.  Gaby's gift to Jeff, a commission piece by Lori Love of Mick.. Um.. amazing !!! What that girl can do with vinyl blows me away.  Looking now for the perfect rug . . . 





To give an all white, traditional kitchen a little more drama, the first thing we did was add a black wood grain tile up to the ceiling and changed all the lighting. The bar stools are metal with hide seats and re relocated the more rustic dining table from formal dining to kitchen - voila.








With the open concept into the family room we continued the tile up the fireplace and added new furnishings, rugs, and lighting to jive with their art.







Stay tuned for a room shot !  I wanted to paint the remaining fireplace walls charcoal at the last minute and my fabulous Pacific Green Chairs were a no show on install day !!!  Booo......  kills me when vendors promise and don't come through....



Master Bedroom though turned out so fabulous with it's new paper and lighting.  We were able to keep their existing bed and side tables, just added a bunch of fabulous to surround it !



Love this ombre shag!




One of my favorites images of all, this piece by Ron Royals - so gorgeous !


all photos by Mekenzie Loli


Fun install, pre-vacation !