8.27.2016

Time for An Update !

Hi !

It has been a long summer!  I am so ready for the Fall and with school starting Monday I can see the light at the end of the crazy summer tunnel.  Now don't get me wrong, I love spending time with the kids and take a trip or two, new adventures and old favorites, but work wise I feel like I've been traveling and installing since June with 4 full houses, two out-of-towners, and several single room projects filtered in on the other days.  Bree also got married last weekend !  She amazed me by pulling off the perfect wedding all while staying on top of the orchestrating at the office !  Maggie has been running around as well on several of her own projects, and moving in to her new digs !!   But next week we wrap up the last of the out-of-towners - the Miami job.  So seeing school start and the end of summer I so near, I am breathing a big 'ole sigh ! We may have time to actually shop for the perfect pumpkin !

I've been working on two new Fall projects and feel like I have a jump on them, having gotten the green light on both.  Thrilled both clients loved the designs and the tweaking was minor which I love. Both spaces are paying a nod to a particular look I am so drawn to.  A clean black and white palette.

Take a look at the first of two.  On this project I asked Ben Collins of The Salins Group to jump in and help me with the exterior renovation - a new outdoor living space.  I am working on the pretty and the renovation of the interior living space and kitchen.  It is time for an update and I am loving this plan.


New large black iron windows and door to the outdoor space.  Visually it will feel like the outside is part of the living room with all this gorgeous light !  I cannot wait.

New sofa and chairs all on top of a new rug.  Plenty of new accents pieces and a touch of new paper.




The kitchen is open to the living room as well and I figured . . while we were ripping things out . . . we could change the large current island to, well, a larger one but in a T shape with new counter stools.   Fresh paint and a new counter tops.  A fresh new feel and look.


The plans are done for the outdoor space and just yesterday the demo began.  This space will be much used I know !





While I not a fan of the compete Restoration Hardware / Crate and Barrel outdoor look, must admit a lot of their pieces are unbeatable as far as price and style !  Filtering some unique accessories will change it up from a complete "showroom look."  

These chairs for example - love and on sale now !!


So I am most excited to see this get into motion.  Stay tuned for design no 2 for client no. 2 !