12.28.2018

Modern New Build

Hi !

The second of the new projects I am working on is a new build in Foxcroft.  My new client, whose office is next door to mine walked in one day in a bit of a panic needing quick help just a few weeks ago.  I had a window of time that afternoon and did a drive by to see just what was going on.  Gorgeous new house, very modern and well underway.  They just needed it pulled together.  That was a Friday.  I had a relatively low key weekend so decided to play with these boards !  Being New Yorkers, there were quick on the draw and we put it all into motion shortly after.



The new large black metal front door opens to a wide white foyer screaming for something to catch your eye.  We are pulling in an antique floor mirror, white hide and metal chair and this killer console.  That sets the tone.




The dining room has just been painted black, trim and all.  I felt a dramatic chandelier was in order. But something unexpected to contrast the sleek table and chairs in a totally different style.


Art is a big part of their lives and they have many, many pieces they have collected over the years.  Once all the pieces come in will find homes for all these pieces !  I added images to the board to steer in the color direction what I would choose, but art is very personal and subjective.   We'll see what comes into play in that space.


I would also add a vintage rug and something totally unique in the way of a tall storage piece.


The details on this piece are amazing and again would add more interest to an all modern space.... 

Across the hall is a smaller lounge on the front of the house.  We are doing this amazing new sofa in a rich plum velvet, two leather chairs and hide ottoman.  I really want a mural (yep I said mural and stay tuned for that !!) or paper on the back wall but we are phasing that once we see how the space unfolds.   With all white walls I really think we need to depth of color and pattern to make this room not only unique but cozy.



Their kitchen is done and I used it's style to work on the large family room that overlooks the back porch, pool and pool house.  It's really a killer space.


A long breakfast space is pretty much under control with the addition of possibly two contrasting end chairs.


An art wall will add so much interest to the this long white room.


With the family room under control as well art wise, we are adding a large new rug, sofa, two swivel chairs and two modern leather chairs.



The powder room is screaming for paper.  I love this... maybe they'll cave !


And then there's the master bedroom.  New lamps, chandelier and hide dressers.  The paper may be hard hard sell as well, but we'll see !





** Update **

Took a quick site shot . . . and that was about all I could do  "Nuf said.." and that's all I can say . . .