1.21.2019

A Snowy Week in D.C.

Hi There !

Just got back from a long week in snowy Bethesda.  It was all hands on deck to install a multi-room home of one of my favorite clients.  I worked with Eve and Greg Besant about 6 years ago and they recently moved to a new place.  Deciding to change it up quite a bit and having the trust of these fab clients to really make all the decisions, I started in the family room and worked my way around that.  I wanted a light, airy space using neutrals with a touch of navy, fresh and collected feeling.  They are color people so this was a big change from their previous place.  I did, however, give them their dose of color in other spaces visible throughout.   This living space is almost there and I can't wait to go back in a few weeks to receive the two key pieces on either side of the fireplace and dining room chairs to finish it all off and shoot .. for real.

Take a look a the design boards I created to give them an idea of the overall look.



I adore the pieces flanking the fireplace, totally worth the wait.  They fit perfectly and with the brass mesh fronts they are perfect for electronics.








I really love this new rug and coffee table...  so much so I added the same rug to our office space.  The coffee table is an amazing black and white marble stripe and so dramatic. 


One thing I love to do is an a folding screen in a dead corner.  Keith made this one for me adding silver leaf with a black pattern detail.  Kinda love it.  




So we put a major dent in the living room,  a few new pillows and those blasted sideboards I am still waiting for will complete the look.

The hall powder room was pretty blah, but had a good sink.  We added paper and big ole mirror and a drop pendant.  It's dramatic now.




This paper I brought in late in the game in a dry bar from the kitchen to the dining room.. It's loud and gorgeous and gives eve the color she wanted.  It's perfect in that it combines the navy of the dining room chairs and the teal of her existing chesterfield we placed in her home office.  Perfect way to combine the colors.



Moving into the dining room my challenge was to dress up their rustic wood dining table.  Adding a rustic sideboard with marble top did that as well as a new dramatic chandelier.  I also decided to have Keith paint a pattern on the walls.  Love the drama this will create.  The new upholstered navy dining chairs will complete the look as well as a splashy piece of art in all Eve's favorite colors.



I didn't ignore here love of this fabric and incorporated it in curtains and pillows in her office across the hall from the dining room !  



Keeping her teal velvet sofa the other nearby colors bring it all together and Eve can work in a space filled with her favorite colors.


Even though it never got above 30 outside we installed the back porch and come spring those french doors will be open wide for a little outdoor lounging.,


It was all about a more neutral palette this time with dollops of color in places here and there, just enough to get the color point across !

Stay tuned for our big shoot in a few weeks of all these rooms and a few others upstairs and down.. it was a big, big project.... 


Can't wait to take Mekenzie up to shoot..