2.17.2019

Spotlight John Derian

Hi There . . .

No, I'm not stalling, I'm researching, kinda.  After spending a good hour on deVOL's instagram page (here) and subsequently their website, I then shifted to John Derian's site after getting a look at the AD article on his NY apartment (here).  Thought I'd share this gorgeous shoot (by Stephen Kent Johnson).  I cannot get enough of the look.  It's so inspiring for these Nashville projects I am working on.


 A little more eye candy for a Sunday am ....



Yep, my new love of bringing back the wood cabinet in the kitchen that doesn't feel like just a kitchen!

Read the story about these doors... amazing.



Tin ceiling, view, comfortable and casual.



Art grouping done right.




I have a feeling these walls are Farrow & Ball's Mouse's Back.. one of my favorites.



Overflowing with a magical feel, this artist, shop owner and author surrounds himself with his beloved antiques over there in the East Village near his shop.  I can see a metal pressed ceiling and exposed pipes.  Vintage fabrics also play a big part (and available on his website).  Loving the oversized arrangement bringing in a breath of Spring.



We met once in NYC at a show.  Nicest man . . .

photos by Stephen Kent Johnson

To see the full AD article click here !


With my annual trip to NYC coming up in May,  I am looking forward to visiting his West Village shop at 18 Christopher Street, while I usually frequent his 1st shop on 2nd Street in the East Village , we'll be staying on the West side and taking a stroll to this nearly gem is on the agenda for sure.

In an article recently by Wendy Goodman (and more photos by Stephen Kent Johnson) she writes about this early 19th century Federal style building, a mere 500 square foot  "jewel box."  One thing I really want to see is the wallpaper in the back room, she describes, with an applied sun bleach paint job.  With my latest obsession to bring the mural back, (stay tuned for that), any inspiration will keep my thoughts in motion.

Take a look at this special place, and for all you white loving china clients.. tell me know and I'll shop for you.









I have picked up a few pieces on past trips for the Little Cabin in the Woods.  Each piece reminds me of my trips to one of my favorite cities in the world.



Not to mention I went a little crazy one year stocking up on Christmas ornaments.






A furniture collaboration with Cisco Brother, you can get the look (here).




Excited to get back to NY and hopefully John will save one of these fabulous cups for me, to have a new memory from a trip with my girl Kate.


Happy day.