7.02.2019

NY NY 2019

Hey !

Morning !  While I wish I could find more time to post, I will say I start them and tell myself I will come back to it when I have a breather, but this past month was constant.  We had one of the biggest installs of the year and by the time I got home I could hardly move... soooo happy to say I am in the Forest for the next 10 days of quite bliss.  Time to catch up, time to work and time to re-juv.  I jumped on the blog today and thought I'd actually finish this post !!! The NY trip is one of my favorite time of year so let me pick up where I left off !


Hello from the lobby of the Made Hotel, 44 West 29th near the Flat Iron.  Love to try new hotels each time we come up (except when we find a killer one don't ya know). This is my go-to neighborhood, it has everything I want.  Madison Square Park, great shopping, easy subway up and downtown and amazing food !  My May NYC traveling partner Kate is with me and this year Morgan came too.  We have had nothing but beautiful weather and are filling our days with inspiration.  Such a great trip and by far one of the best one.  I love seeing Kate get more and more comfortable running around the city each time we come up.  Thought I'd show you a few fun things to do in NY . . . 


44 West 29th
New York . New York



Cozy, small, relaxed is the feel of this lobby with great furniture pieces and overall cool vibe.  While the Ace Hotel, just a block away on the same street is way cool this spot, Made it a lot less "clubby" at night.



Really good coffee downstairs each morning !




Beautiful view from the roof top bar.




The rooms are very loft like and simple, but fabulous.





(photos via their site and a few of mine)


Mocktail Kate



She wishes to be 20.. I say hold on sister.




I love the Flat Iron District and usually set up home base there.  Several great places to stay.  We did wonder into the NoMad and I think that will be up for next year !


Being so close to Chelsea I often venture over there and we did as well on this trip.  Couple of great places to hit without a doubt...  The Cookshop is perfect for a fresh, farm to table dinner.  The deviled eggs are amazing!


156 Tenth Avenue
New York . New York






From the Cookshop we walked over to The Standard, (by way of the High Line)  I really wanted Morgan to see the Boom Boom Room !




848 Washington Street
New York . New York

Known for having one of the strictest door policies in town, this bar on the 18th floor combines amazing Hudson River and Lower Manhattan views—the best are from the bathrooms—with a glam, retro, cruise ship-style interior, great cocktails, and an overall class A vibe.


After walking through Chelsea Market we decided we needed to see the new Restoration Hardware Showroom everyone was talking about.  Now, yes, I am not a huge fan of the chain stores as cool as this one is.  It only comes from clients filling their houses with the same pieces which drives me nuts... but I will say this showroom is pretty and the room top view and bar is amazing.




9 Ninth Avenue
New York . New York










(photos via their site)




The High Line


Gansevoort Street to 34th Street
New York . New York


The High Line is a public park built on a historic freight rail line elevated above the streets on Manhattan’s West Side. Saved from demolition by neighborhood residents and the City of New York, the High Line opened in 2009 as a hybrid public space where visitors experience nature, art, and design.  It is one of the most amazing places to take a walk !




Morgan ran a morning or two and enjoyed the view !



I also always go to Bergdorf's no matter what.  I love the windows and can spend a good amount of time wandering in there.  With this trip being Morgan's 2nd time in the city I wanted to show her a few iconic things.. like, lunch on the 4th floor.

Bergdorf Goodman

754 Fifth Avenue
New York. New York




Just down the street is Rockefeller Center and being such a beautiful day we went up to see the view from Top of the Rock.  


Top of the Rock

30 Rockefeller Center
New York . New York






If you know anything about NYC Madison Avenue is the place to shop and the iconic Ralph Lauren flagship is a must see.  We met a long time friend who lives on the West side for coffee before all going to Kips Bay.  Ralph's Coffee inside is the perfect little stop on Madison.

Ralph Lauren

867 Madison Avenue
New York. New York







This flagship location is everything you think Ralph Lauren will be.. gorgeous.




Going to see a show on Broadway is always on the list.  This year we scored Hamilton tickets.  It was really good... a must see in one of the prettiest theaters of all... 

Hamilton

Richard Rogers Theater
226 West 46th Street
New York . New York





Look how grown up she has gotten over the years !


After a couple of days running around we all went in different directions to.  My first stop was The Smith.  Open street side, it's the perfect place for brunch.  Was obsessed with the decor.

The Smith


1150 Broadway (at 27th)
New York. New York







Recommended by another New Yorker friend of my we tried Beauty and Essex for dinner.  So cool this place is.  Located in the back of an actual Pawn Shop, it's a moody, dark amazing dinner destination.  Food was outstanding, not to mention a desert to die for !

Beauty and Essex

146 Essex Street
New York. New York













The devil's food cake is a must !







The Brooklyn Bridge

Park Row and Centre Street
East River
New York. New York



I've done the walk, but Morgan hadn't.  She ventured out.. big explorer she is which I love.  Walk the bridge it's amazing.
As is Dumbo over in Brooklyn !




Mercer Kitchen

99 Prince Street
New York. New York

One of our last dinner was at the Mercer Kitchen, really good... a must go to !






New York there is no other !

Until next May . . . or knowing me, sooner ....