12.07.2019

Install of the Day !

Hey !

I love a good banquette and in this install it was all about that... our favorite part and the focal point of this long narrow family room that was to serve several purposes.

My client downsized to a townhouse here in Charlotte and called for our help in changing up their style (and the fact none of their previous furniture fit from the big house).  This room is the main living space on the first floor and we wanted a dining area as well as comfortable TV watching space to accommodate a lot of company.  It was a challenging space but I think we nailed it !  I was thrilled with how we managed to fit so many "zones" and so many pieces of furniture in one room without being crowded.

Take a look at my favorite little spot. We designed and had made a long banquette, table and ottomans at the far side of this long room.  Being narrow but long to we still have a clear passage to the back door but room for 8 to eat comfortable.  For these empty nesters it's the perfect spot for casual dining as well as a little lap top work in the main family room .. or even a game of cards while still being able to clearly see the TV across the room.  I am so grateful to my A team of upholsters and carpenters for bringing to life what I had in my head.




This leather banquette swoops up and around two sconces.  Tall at 58" at it's highest.  Easy clean being leather.


Take a look at the entire area.  So happy with the soft colors and textures.








photos by Mekenzie Loli



Turned out so great !  Everyone happy  !!