11.01.2012

Spotlight: Cassandra C. Jones


Hey There . . .

I was recently on the hunt for a new wall paper . . . and I came across the works of Cassandra C. Jones.    Represented at the Charles Bank Gallery in NYC at 196 Bowery (at Spring Street), I found her work truly amazing !  My gypsy side was immediately drawn to the kaleidoscope beauty, my artistic side was blown away at her clever eye and my designer side loved all the vibrant color.

Feast your eyes . . .






She's a New York-based artist who works in the same vein as Eadweard Muybridge (an English photographer, important for his pioneering work in photographic studies of motion - 1830 - 1904.  One of the most influential photographers of all time pushing the limits of the camera's possibilities, creating world famous images of animals in motion).  The source of her images are found on the Internet in which she combines the images into collaged works, videos and installations.  She claims her laptop and a WiFi signal are her main studio.  She combines these images together in groups of like subject matter and then organizes each lot in various ways that tell a story.