Lucy and Company is fast-paced high-end residential interior design firm with multiple projects always on the go. We are looking for an organized, communicative, self-starter, an Interior Designer and a leader who also knows how to work as part of a team. It’s an exciting position. You’ll work directly with clients, partners and vendors through every aspect and phase of a design project: architectural/construction plans, client meetings/presentations, floor plans, detailed furniture/paint/flooring specification, sourcing/shopping, final installation and follow-up.
Junior Design Assistant
Assisting in the management of projects from beginning to end. This includes but is not limited to:
- Joining client meetings and site visits, gathering and inputting information for invoice and reference purposes.
- In-field measuring, which assists in specifying window treatments, wall coverings, custom furnishings and fixtures as well as space planning.
- Working with our vendors on retrieving quotes for client goods, sourcing materials for custom goods, ordering swatches and fabric memos for client portfolios and designer approval.
- Updating client portfolios and invoices as modifications are made.
- Preparing for and assisting with project installations. This includes but is not limited to:
- Preparing on hand materials and goods for delivery and installation.
- Meeting sub-contractors on site with materials and assisting with any technical aspects of the installation.
- Assisting with delivery and placement of goods.
- This role is fast paced and involved. Candidates should processes high attention to detail and must be able to shift responsibilities on a daily basis while keeping some key responsibilities in the forefront.
- Clear communication skills
- Efficiency in Auto CAD is preferred
- Strong sense of visual presentation skills to assist with client design boards
- At a minimum, an Associates Degree in Interior Design or related field is preferred.
- Experience in Interior Design or related field is preferred.
- Candidate must possess a valid driver’s license and be willing / able to occasionally drive a delivery van in order to assist with installations.
Operational Team support
Lucy and Company is also looking for a team player to help behind the scenes (with perks !). All aspects of support with multiple projects. We are looking again for extremely organized self started to over see all in house inventory, ordering samples, organizing showroom as well as running - small deliveries and pick ups and being on hand for full job installations.
ENERGY, PROFICIENCY WITH APPLE SPREADSHEETS, COMFORTABLE WITH DRIVING OUR OFFICE VAN !
Email directly to Beth@lucyandcompany.com