11.09.2012

Tea for Two

Hey All . . .

I'm on a blog roll today.  Between reading my new book, staring out the window at the snowy day, and more than one cup of coffee and or tea, I am all about the creature comforts today.  Mekenzie, too (she's house sitting next door and we are tossing ideas on upcoming projects across the driveway).  Always camera in hand - she shot this and it totally describes my feeling today.  

photo by mekenzie france

I have always had a thing for china.  Wedgewood's Colonnade Black was my wedding choice and I still love it ten years later.  The pattern is timeless and can be mixed with just about any side piece or contrasting salad plates.  Tea cups and accent plates are another love. Take a look at a few of my favorites.




available at reikokaneko

Take a look at these gems . . . Designed by Anna Backlund and Elisabeth Dunker for "House of Rym."




available at fine little day

This is just genius . . . the "stain" cup, by British products designer Bethan Laura Wood back in 2008. This magic cup contains a hidden pattern that reveals itself after several sittings.  It only gets better with age !  Bethan . . you need to bring this back !  



Hermes, what more is there to say other than "exquisite."



available at hermes.com

And the always good go-to . . Anthropologie


available at www.anthropologie.com

And of course a little design tie back . . . the cleaver teacup pendent light.



available at das rote packet

Enjoy the day . . . (view from my window and yes, that's a teapot and spoon bird house!)