Howdy . .
It's that time of year, love it, and the weather is right on target ! During our trip to NYC the Bergdorf Windows were of course a destination of mine ! They never disappoint . . . check out the old school masks . . bring you back?
This one really caught my eye and the light bulb went off . . Lucy's costume. Now she's not a big dresser-upper . . but she went for it ! Yeah, inspiration, and frankly pretty easy (as well as the fact I knew Keith would have major flashbacks on the finished look . . being a former Punk Rebel !)
Ok . . . let the fun begin. .
1. Get Lucy to understand it's cool !
2. Find some red fishnet stockings - check
3. Saftey pins - check
4. Google Biker Jackets and order an extra small grown up (and being surprised on the price) - check
5. Give her the Ed Hardy T shirt I bought for myself that is
A. Too small
B. Too cool
C. I'm not 20 - what was I thinking ?
6. Print out Button Covers . . since we are last minute costume people and our stash of punk related
buttons are in the attic somewhere - check.
7. Pull out the spike collar I wore last week - check.
8. Find the Doc Watson's . . . maybe not - so found a pair of cheap black lace up boots - check
9. Pulled out the vintage plaid skirt we got in the Village in NY when this entire costume popped in
my head, then take a scissor to it to shorten, cut the side, add more safety pins. - check
10. Drag Lucy to a nearby graffiti wall to take a better picture and TA DA . . . here you have it.
Got to say . . she was a little more into it this year . . . as oppose to last year ! No too happy . . .
But of course Keith and I were totally into it . . . (look at Kate . . . totally ticked she wasn't wearing pink with glitter !!!)
Wow . . how they've grown . . and when I say Kate needs pink and glitter . . I am not kidding . . had to find a witch with a PINK skirt . . . nothing has changed !
Now our neighborhood get's into it . . . with the wall -o-pumkins, and our 14 foot Mr. Pumpkin with his spider buddies!
As far as I am concerned . . . for Halloween . . . More is More !!!!
Gotta say, my cousin Meredith Clayton gives me a run for my money . . certainly with her amazing photo, and the costume design she always knocks it out of the park . . . take a look. . .
And take a look at Ashley's son Schafer . . . I just love this picture she took !
Enjoy the craziness tomorrow night !