10.15.2014

Comic Con 2014

Hi There . . . 

There's nothing like playing a little hookie during the week.  Pulling the kids out of school for a few days and running up to NY.   I was all ready to go up for the opening of the new Zoffany Showroom at the Design Center solo when I decided to take Keith and the kids the Sunday prior.   Comic Con was going on -  the big one in the City at Javits, so I got 4 tickets and we all went a few days early prior to the party.  Exploring life and the big world out there I say (even if it is a Comic Book Convention).  I have two comic book junkies in the family and this was their Super Bowl, it was hilarious.  Kate just wanted to go to NY, she's a mini me and loves all things pretty, big cities with anything and everything going on.

We got off the plane and headed straight to Javits, home to all the furniture markets I hit, it was wild seeing the cast of characters roaming such a huge space.  I've blogged about Lucy's love of Bat Man, just seeing her excitement was worth every second.  Not only did she get to see all the original costumes she met a few of her "artist " heroes that create all the stories and art she collects.  There were some amazing artists there.  This convention was not as "celebrity" filled as San Diego, it was more geared towards the art of.  Just for fun . . . check out our day at Comic Con !

















A fun Sunday, that's for sure !