5.18.2016

Install of the Day !

Hey There !

Was so excited to see Mekenzie's images done and uploaded this morning while in New York at the ICFF and Kips Bay! Was anxious to share this gorgeous install, so being the one up early, per usual, I thought I'd share this post over a cup of coffee.

The McEwen's contacted me recently to help finish off their family room, tweak their foyer and ponder their dining room. Their home is near the office and after a drive by I immediately knew I could help.  They have great taste and fun things to work with, making my job easy!

We installed before we left and absolutely love how it tuned out.  I started with the foyer ceiling actually.   With the colors they were using in the adjacent office I wanted to continue the vibe in the foyer and into the family room.  Take a look at this fab paper we put up first on the ceiling. L O V E it.  A new company we are working with who creates the best papers.  Juju Papers is a company out of Portland, Oregon which we actually had the pleasure of meeting in person yesterday at ICFF. Each roll of paper is printed by hand which I love.  All available through us ...

Take a look!


So Emily did such a great job on this home office, I used her inspiration moving forward into the rest of the downstairs.  The perfect deep charcoal wall color with pops of coral.  Great, unique furniture and art finds.  A bit of a mid century feel.




So for the family room I had a sectional to work around.  Large neutral "L" shaped.  This one pillow, which we all loved, dictated the colors I chose to use.


For a pulled together look I found two metal cabinets to flank the fireplace and house all the electronics.  With their mesh fronts there is no problem using the remotes through them.  The color also adds a little weight to the space.

We layered both a sisal rug in grey with a Moroccan inspired one over top.  The bits of black in the rug were repeated in the art and pillows for a pulled together look.  I love this rug and have the same one at my house.  A new leather chair, pillow pops and wall groupings . . .


Working with their art, I added a few pieces to create a grouping to fill two walls.


I particularly love this one !  Found on One Kings Lane, just thought it was whimsical and fun!



The room was screaming for a little color and texture at walking eye level !  We had these gorgeous panels made for both the family room and kitchen windows. 





And a new ottoman finished it off !



Such fun working with this young couple, can't wait to jump into the Dining Room !