10.20.2012

Office Re-Design . . .

Hey There . . .

Every once in a while you just have to have something special for yourself.  I treat myself to lamps usually, but I saw this at Market and I had to have it.   I saw it, was allowed to (almost) take a nap on it,  re-arrange it's pillows and smell it's leather.  Now, while it should go in my house . . it's too nice for my messy kids, 2 dogs and husband.  I am re-doing my office.

Now this picture doesn't even do it justice . . . the sides and back are a cerused oak, the leather seats, arm and back are a pale blue grey, all atop a thin silver leaf frame.  It's deep, it's soft, the back isn't too high and it's the perfect 90" long.  I love it, but then again - what's not to love from Oly !


So yep, re-doing the office at  Lucy and Company.  It's been a while and with all the new doings at the studio, we are doing a major re-arrange !  I am also shifting everything to create a new space for me (with a door, it gets a little crazy out front!).  I thought about the design all day today . . and have finalized the colors in my head - all based off this yum yum of a sofa.  I second guessed my colors about 4 times, I looked at 500 wall paper samples and 1,000 curtain fabrics, all while eating left over bread pudding.

Take a look . . I have a warm peach, my favorite grey, powder blue, cream and white.  I was inspired by an old Kelly Wearstler fabric, a color way I can't get anymore - so I might use that inspiration for an art piece I want to put in my new room.





The windows are small and high, so to create more "weight" to them I am adding molding above and below and painting it all the lighter color of this kickin wall paper. Adding a new mid-century style bookcase and this fun, major comfort chair in pale grey with all it's tufted glory.

The pillows resting on my sofa-oh-joy are a mixture of hand-dyed, burlap and linen in my accent colors of peach, and cream with a little more dark grey.





The other side of my digs will shift to a grass cloth wall paper as I have a huge push-pin inspiration board filling the side wall.  This is my "get-down-to-it" work zone.  A floating glass top table desk with chrome saw horse legs sits in front of a new Asian inspired cabinet (for printer and not so pretty office stuff).  An upholstered screen (to hide that fuse box) and curtains I plan on hand painting.






So there you have it.  Come January Lucy and Company's office will have a whole new look !  Stay tuned for the finished product (s).  We are tackling three other rooms as well.

I can't wait . . . let the demo begin . . . and remember -  think it through before you dive in or call your designer to do that for you!  It takes an uninterrupted day and a big bowl of bread pudding!