5.16.2013

Install of the Day . . . A Dining Room To Die For !

Hey There . . .

Are you kidding me !  I LOVE  . . . LOVE this room.  I was beyond excited to have my client request a navy lacquer dining room.  I couldn't get on it fast enough !!!  We had a blank slate as well which made it even more fun.  Now this room turned out just as I imagined in my head, cozy, eclectic, artistic, filled with interesting pieces.  We are both thrilled.


It all started with finding the perfect navy... pulled from this amazing piece of art by Beau Chamberlain, a Brooklyn based artist.  Gorgeous and the focal point... After decided the direction we matched the blues in the big Mary McDonald trim on the lead edge of the curtains, and coordinated it to the back of the chairs.  Layered in a chandelier, tall bar and sleek dining table and voila !

Take a look . . .


Design board for a visual.




Mix your metals . . for sure, polished nickel table base with gold chandelier, gold drapery hardware with silver leaf bar . . yep !



Check out the small chevron pattern on the chair fronts mixed with the navy backs.




all photos by mekenzie france


Love it all . . . and it all started with the inspiration found in Beau Chamberlain work.  Take a look at a few more pieces . . just amazing !




Fun day today . . . off to NYC . . . stay tuned !  Looking for cool stuff and places undiscovered !