8.21.2018

I've Always Wanted a Cement Counter Top

Hi There !

Yep, finally got my cement counter tops.  It was my splurge in the Brevard House.  Back in October I found a property in Sherwood Forest just down the road from downtown Brevard in the Blue Ridge Mountains.  Together with Tuan Le, a friend and design collaborator, we purchased this diamond in the rough knowing it needed a total overhaul !  We just completed it and I am thrilled with all the details. . . (see earlier post)

But for a moment I want to talk about these counter tops !  I was determined to have them.  In comes Eli Orling of Orling Interiors.  He was highly recommended to me by Mudwerks here in Charlotte.  The two trained together and with Eli being in Asheville, the logistics were much better !  He's quite the artist and watching the process was amazing.  It was nothing like I though.  You don't just pour a big ole slab and stick it on top of our counters that's for sure !  Each application is unique and uses the finest quality of plaster and cement all hand-troweled.  Durable and sustainable alternative.  I adore these counters !




all images above by mekenzie loli

So, into concrete counters? . . . take a look at a few other images pulled from my pinterest files to give you a visual and maybe inspire you on your next kitchen or bathroom project.














You have to splurge once in a while.

Check out Eli's site - he's amazing and the nicest of guys !!!

Orling Interiors