1.26.2022

Bring it Home !

Happy Wednesday All !

I love when it's my turn.   With all the amazing installs we've had as of late, it was nice to come home to my own install - and updated kitchen, bedroom and a tweak to the living room and master bathroom ! Shooting it with Mekenzie gave me a minute to fluff and enjoy before the truck pulled in the driveway with the dumpster to tear off the once "make-shift" porched (turned small back room in our 100 year old house) to start the foundation of a real room.  This space will have the most amazing 8 foot windows on 2 sides (stay tuned !)

But for now... I love the wood cabinets in my Brevard house (here) so much that I wanted them in the Charlotte house.  Out with the white cabinets, was totally over them, and in with the wood .. and even more excited over the new counter top.  Waaaaayyy bigger upgrade from what we installed 14 years ago.  A gorgeous leathered quartzite (thanks Harkey Tile).  It's amazing.

So we kept the black tile on the wall, I still LOVE it, but the new counter tops are a showstopper.  I also switched from a brushed chrome faucet to this gorgeous unlacquered brass by Rohl.  


Smaller wall sconces switched out with larger black and brass, and new wood floaters much thicker than the previous.


Loving the entire look on this side... but....


Take a look at the opposing side !!!! Where once the old fridge stood, I tore into the wall and flipped the space for the fridge so we could install this new pretty pantry.  Metal and glass doors in the middle and "hidden" storage on either side, push to open.  I really loved the ribbed wood that Jacob and team of Das Wolfe created.



Shallow as not to dip too much into the space, but perfect for pretty stuff and not so pretty on the sides.


I took that ribbed idea around the side where the new fridge now sits.   Wanting a sleek look he created two "hidden" doors to access the living room and basement you push to open.  The island was extended to meet the wall and another slab of that gorgeous leathered quartzite stretches 11 feet long.   I adore it all.

Nice renovation, definitely love the new look and warmth.

Now you decide.. old white or wood ?


Finished up my room as well...  Take a look.  

You access through the framed out "door" which is really a piece of art by one of my favorite vendors.  From the top of the stairs and when it's open in the bedroom it's one large piece of art as oppose to just another door.

All white, soothing and clean (and it smells delightful if I do say so myself). Canopy Bed with white linen bedding, a found large round wood table for stuff I love, and a little reading chair moment with the most comfortable chair on the planet.. Herman Miller.


There are so many personal things in this space I love to look at, this art piece for example.  Artist Brenda Rehrig though Hidell Brooks Gallery here in Charlotte.  It's the perfect little place for it.


I've said it a hundred times... Samsung's Frame TV is the only TV to have.  They should give me one for the number of ones I've suggested to clients (and the number of ones in my house.. that would be 5). Yes I am a TV junkie.  I need the background noise, and these are gorgeous.... Look how good this one looks in the space with the perfect piece of art selected !  SOOOO good.  


Have been holding onto this vintage sideboard for years, love it's new home in my space.


And always love an odd side table.


The master bathroom is something I have been waiting for ... forever.  Waited to do it just right and I love the outcome.  Counter to ceiling Walker Zanger Barcelona tile, new white oak cabinets (Jacob - Das Wolfe) Lighting by Kelly Wearstler.  Amazing and huge in wall "medicine" cabinet framed out like a huge mirror and all Waterworks plumbing.  Love.




Mixing your metal, yes I say.  Black, chrome and brass.


Decided to turn a small side bedroom into my walk in closet.  All papered up, ceiling included.  Since I plan to die in this house, who cares if it doesn't make sense.. I love it.


While doing all this renovation, I had to change things up in the living room.  It started with the fireplace.  Completely changed it to a tall stucco finish.  Got rid of all the furniture and brought in new chairs and new layered rugs, one large natural fiber with a vintage on top.  Haven't had "drapes" for a while, added these gorgeous Romo semi-sheers.



Tired of Fiddle Figs, opted for Ficus Daniella.  A little less hard to care for.


Another Samsung Frame TV mixed in with the art, and a new slightly wacky sideboard.

all photos by mekenzie loli


Stay tuned for the new small addition on the back of this wacky little house ! 

Happy Day . . .