7.05.2022

Install of the Day !

Morning !

Happy Summer !!!  With a day or two "off," I thought I'd take a minute or two to switch style gears.  Having just gotten back last night from London with Kate my thoughts are all British inspired, a look I particularly love and what is driving the style and feel my new guest room at home (stay tuned !)  We spent a few days in Henley-on-Thames checking on a project I am working on, meeting contractors and such.  While there I soaked up all things... well... British.  Old, textured, brass, plaid, leather, plaster, heavy in pattern and saturated color.  Happy coincidence was being there during the Henley Royal Regatta .  It was amazing and Kate quite enjoyed making new friends across the pond.  I am now obsessed with all the pattern club blazers.... 

So, to switch gears today I'm reflecting on a shoot from last week before we left.  I LOVE  this room.  My client's request... mid-century meets Morocco.  Where to start ?

I took my inspiration from two places.  Cole & Son's Collaboration with Martyn Lawrence Bullard (here) and some beautiful images my client Ankur Manvar took while in Marrakech !!! Having recently finished the install of his and wife Minal's home (here), all the colors and textures were fresh in my head when I looked to create a new space for another client !


Take a look at Ankur's amazing photos from Marrakesh and how I was inspired . . .  









This particular shot drove my design ... I wanted a darker ceiling and lighter walls but still filled with pattern.  


I then went to wall coverings I remembered by Martyn Lawrence Bullard... in collaboration with Cole & Sons and chose to mix 3 patterns.



Next . . the hunt for a Mid-Century Vibe.  Vintage not reproduction.  I checked out both 1st Dibs and Etsy and found a great sofa and chair.  Recovered both in rich reds to compliment their existing rug we worked around.   Also found a vintage Camel Saddle.. had to have it !






Thrilled with how this all turned out !  A mix of Marrakesh and Mid-Century modern, using some of their collected pieces as well as new pieces I found and added.  







photos by Mekenzie Loli

Such a fun space !