1.19.2018

The Fancy Door !

Howdy

Who needs an average door when you can do a statement door?  I have loved working in  that element on several designs in the past year or two and now I'm a bit obsessed.  It's a chance to really add a custom look to the space and really be unique.

Take a look at just what I mean in this custom entry created by one of my favorite carpenters, Jason Wolfe.  This heavy, flat panel door was scored with a one inch groove filled with gold leaf in a modern geometric pattern.  I went one step further and added brass tie backs as knobs.  It's a show stopper on the way to the even bigger showstopper new master bathroom.



Take a look at a variety of door styles I pulled from my files . . .  upholstered, distressed wood, mirror, shagreen, art covered, hidden shiplap, and my all time favorite - black metal !

I love the mix of the grey washed wood with the mesh.. perfect for the rustic chic look !


Now I'm getting over the barn door thing a bit - but love this mix of the barn door and the distress old "french" look.

The hidden shiplap door - we did this at our office... so cool.
\

I would kill to have my closet all tripped out with doors - such a clean look.


Or cover up all the files, and junk behind there !



That's exactly what I did on this install... in 2015 - and these are on sliders.



Be creative with the details.


 



Back to the gorgeous wood . . .
If I were to ever build - I would incorporate a huge walk in pantry - with glass and wood - or metal doors !



Ruard Veltman design this amazing set up upholstered doors.




How about a little art covered doors !!



These last two doors are upholstered.  I installed these in 2016.  We took down the original and created new frames with upholstered "pleather" and nail headed inserts. 


And this has a matching on the opposite wall.  One is a pantry - one goes to the basement - you'd never know !



Create something special !!!

Happy Friday !!