1.13.2018

Blush . . . and Bashful

Hi.

Yeah that title is for all you Southerners and 80's girls.  Ok, need a hint ? Steel Magnolias.  We like Blush at Lucy and Co., its such a soft, pretty color that jives with the neutrals I am into ... Pulled some awesome images of just how it can work... if done right.  I believe in small doses.

I am writing a blub for QC Magazine for one of their upcoming issues while also working on this post and they've ask me to expand a bit on my style.  I used a quote from a recent Instagram comment by someone I respect in my field that simply said  . . . . "It's a shame you are so associated with color when this is a look (all neutrals) you can obviously handle best with intelligence and style.  Good taste knows no bounds."  Over the past several years, the look I love has changed from the multi-color, multi pattern look to a more soothing black and white, tone on tone, natural element look.  Why?  It's soothing and and striking to me.  I also love to re-invent myself and change it up. But while loving an all neutral look, I do love a dose of color, a small one.   The color of choice in my house is a bit of red... love red.... Also love a splash of yellow.  I'll use that color in artwork, or a pillow or two.

As of late, I have been looking at Blush. Got me looking for inspiration out there in my Pinterest files.  Of course I gravitate towards the grey with a touch of blush . . . 



I love a good plaster wall and counter top - this tile really compliments.


The grey wash floors and sofa walls, so pretty.


This wall technique looks like Venetian plaster... so yummy.


And for a more striking look - the split wall, charcoal and blush.



Love how the wood counter top looks with this combination.


The blush and navy works as well . . .





How about just the front door?


Or just a dose in the rug . . .


I want to create this wall somewhere - reminds me of my Europe jaunt this past summer.  I love the neutrals but I don't love the neutrals as a modern... I like age.  Age in vintage pieces, a distress wall, a worn leather, and old vase, an old slightly damaged mirror.  I love the art of collecting.  There's nothing that bugs me more than one stop shopping to fill a room.

Look at these beautiful facades I saw everywhere while we were in Venice ... LOVE. 






Other loves . . . Sketch in London with it's beautiful blush upholstered chairs, a warm, yummy cable throw, the perfect table setting and the look of a little Gucci or a blush leather jacket.



Phillip Jeffries has a great selection of blush grass papers.  The first one is new and how gorgeous is that !








Enjoy some of my favorite all blush eye candy . . . . compliments of West Elm, Emporium Home, Rebecca Atwood, ABC Home NY, Kevin Obrien, us at Lucy and Co and of course Gucci !



photo by mekenzie loli (design by lucy and co)











photo by mekenzie loli (design by lucy and co)