5.29.2012

Dear Diary . . . {Chapter One}


I left Charlotte on Saturday the 19th for a six day - jammed packed trip to the Big City.  With Ashley in toe, I landed at JFK and quickly arrived on the West Side, compliments of a great client offering up his apartment for the weekend (thanks Dan!)  Love Riverside and TriBeca and the view on the 39th floor was amazing, Miss Liberty was -a- waving!



Lunch was in order and have to say - the Seafood Cobb at Sarabeth's on Greenwich blew me away, you must try it !




We came to Manhattan for the NY Contemporary Show (and I stayed for BlogFest 2012 - which was pretty great -  with more on that to come) . .  but on Day One  it was all about finding new inspiration at a few new and old (favorite) places.  

We checked out "Room"

photo by Andrew Karcie for  New York Magazine

 25 North Moore
New York
NY
10013



Their showroom is very upscale, minimalist and as quoted by New York Shopping "the style you see in Elle Decor."  Knowing what was to come at BlogFest, I was intrigued !

Their pieces can be customized right across the bridge.  Unique, interesting, simple and excellent quality.
I love the idea of the floating desk above with metal wall back and shelves.  Check out this light fixture!
It reminds me of a big ruby ring and I would love in my tiny but tall powder room !


Beautiful things to be had at Room



I always love to just wander when I'm in the city.  "Window" shopping is one of my favorite things to do, we started heading towards Soho from the West Side.

How about a little Kate Spade
I love the pink and red, but the black is what makes it pop (Note to self:  Get a hold of Kate and see if she will make this paper available !!)




Animal print is here to forever stay.


How about a little Prada
I love the pattern on pattern (Note to self:  bright tribal pattern on a pair of chairs)
How about a little Juicy Couture
So JC is a too young for me, I love their store on 5th.  Always love to check out the windows and interior decor.  I am loving the Palm stencil in black and white, (Note to self:  great as a off center graphic wall application)


JC's stairwell on the corner of 52nd and 5th (Note to self:  how about a large scale "city" scape in a stairwell... hum...)


Also love all the frames in that stairwell.  Start collecting.




Ok.. so on this trip H&M was more in my budget ! - let's call it the "hi - low clothing project"



Destination stop . .  one of my favorite vendors, The Rug Company.  It's been a while since I saw their new showroom and wanted Ashley to see . . so we stopped by
lucky for us we timed it right and ran into our rep Courtney Logan.

Take a look at a few of my pics !

and a few from a pro !




photo by Heather Clawson for Habitually Chic and The Rug Company

Their showroom is amazing !!! Love the space
Courtney came by our place recently at  Lucy and Company and showed us these great new dhurrie samples . . .  think The Rug Company is out of your price range. . . think again.  Some of these patterns and colors are quite affordable with a faster lead time.



. . . .  Courtney also showed us this amazing video . .
Want to really see  the workmanship behind your investment  - this will do it!  Worth every penny if you ask me.  The floor is your 5th wall don't forget, just beautiful.



These tear sheets are a few of my all time favorites.





The Rug Company is an amazing source with one of a kind patterns brought to you my many of your favorite designers, just to name a few. . 

Alexander McQueen
Vivian Westwood
Susan Sharp
Sue Timmey
Paul Smith
Kelly Wearstler
Martyn Lawrence-Bullard
Allegra Hicks
Nina Campbell


Check them out at The Rug Company and we will also be happy to source for you.

After that eye candy, we headed uptown to 5th - I always like to check out the Bergdorf windows, and low and behold . .  a little more Prada.  Dazzling Flame Shoes from the Spring 2012 Collection.






The story on the windows, in case you are wondering . . . as interpreted by Vogue Daily and moi . . . 


Bergdorf's senior director of visual presentation, David Hoey and Linda Fargo used the word "Conversation" as inspiration for their windows.  Bergdorf's trademark whimsy was a perfect match for the The Costume Institutes Spring 2012 Collection, entitled "Schiaparelli and Prada:Impossible Conversations,"  which visits the connection between two iconic designers Madame Schiaparelli and Miuccia Prada.   The windows hope to spark a "tantalizing teaser" says Fargo, to encourage people to take a few extra steps down to the MET.


Then headed back downtown.

A quick last stop at the Chelsea Market near all that great shopping on 14th street.  Fresh food and great architectural detail !  I love strolling the market.







It was a long, but fun day of getting ready for the week ahead.

Stay tuned for Part Two, The Contemporary Show !