4.28.2013

Channeling the 1920's

Hi . . .

I am jumping on the band wagon of Tiffany's, The Plaza, all things Deco inspired, glitter falling, cloche wearing, marble inlay ed, jazz playing, graphic patterned and DiCaprio gazing.  If you are following my drift, on May 10th you'll be in line to catch The Great Gatsby.  Now it's going to be a hard, hard thing to bump Robert Redford's 1974 Nick Carraway character from my Top 10 -  don't mess with a classic list - but I've always had a little crush on Mr. DiCaprio and I am a huge sucker for the look of the 1902's Deco style.  From the trailer's I have seen, F. Scott's Fitzgerald's classic looks to be a visual explosion of glamor, glitz, style and drama.  I plan to escape for an evening of inspiration, and mundane though diversion !  I have decided to get myself in the mood . . . and of course got carried away as usual.

Found inspiration from a few of my vendors for fabrics and wall papers as well a lighting and furniture.  Kelly Wearstler, of course, and various architecture favorites in Manhattan are also thrown in and don't forget  1st Dibs is also an amazing go-to for anything vintage.  This is what I do on a rainy Sunday . . .















Like I said.. got a little carried away !