10.07.2013

Spotlight: Matthew Williamson . . .

Hey . .

Osborne & Little has collaborated with fashion designer Matthew Williamson, in this year's Fall introductions.   Unfamiliar?  He is a world-renowned print master.  His attention to detail and kaleidoscopic color is his signature.  A bohemian spirit with a sense of glamour. . (I am paraphrasing here, as I can't say it any better !)   I totally agree, and have loved his influence of global touches over the years.  He is celebrating his 15 years in the business and has just launched a new line of fabrics and wall coverings.



 Editor and Chief of Vogue, Anna Wintour once said...


"Matthew Williamson has such joyful every to the London fashion scene with his wonderful dragonflies, bright bubbly prints and unabashedly pretty clothes.  He's always been so clear about who he is - a designer who understands lifestyle as well as style, a follower in the footsteps of Celia Birtwell and Zandra Rhodes - and who his young, beautiful customer yearns to be.  It's been a real treat to watch his colorful career unfold."




When I received my new samples, I began immediately thinking how I could incorporate a paper or two.  Not for the faint of heart, not for the color fearful.  His papers are bold, embellished and saturated.   Take a look at his new introductions with Osborne and Little as well as his new Fall Collection for 2013, all intertwined . . . fashion and interiors, one leading the other, one inspiring the many . . .

 I love the pop of blues, mixed with neutral greys when working on interiors.  From his collection, this is a perfect example of where I would find color inspiration . . .



. . .  and even a little softer . . .  I love this too.




all of Matthew Williamson's papers and fabrics are available at