2.12.2015

Install of the Day !

Hi. .

Well we are getting dangerously close to having taken over each room in the Crowder's home.   We installed their dining room and master bedroom the other day.  The dining room started off with simply a new rug and chandelier, but we all decided we were on such a roll that we would update it all.

We kept the chocolate brown walls.  Originally when designing all the nearby rooms I pulled that color into the palette and added plum - Lori's new color choice.  When we decided to update the dining room Maggie actually found this fabric for me for new curtains and have to say I am totally in love.  It was perfect !!!


It looked so beautiful with the choice we made for the back on the new dining room chairs, it was coming together !!


We created these boards to give Lori a good idea of the finished product.



A new storage console, two amazing lamps and mirror finished off the new look for the dining room.

Take a look at the finished product.



I love this new buffet with it's rich burl wood and modern silver knobs.  The lamps are just gorgeous and that mirror !









We wanted a unique chandelier, something longer as oppose to wider to center over the table.  This piece, filled with oyster shells is an eye catcher !


And of course at the last minute I came across this piece by Marcy Gregg, local artist.  Thought it was perfect and filled a big, empty wall.   I love her work and was thrilled when Lori did as well !!!  Art is so subjective and I often want my clients to pick what speaks to them.  In Lori's case I have chosen several pieces she has loved!


Center pieces.  I often am asked to create something "permanent" for dining room tables.   Thought I'd try a little something different here . . . look at those colors !



Mekenzie couldn't resist a side by side of the peacock foot and fabric detail ... the eye of a photographer !



all photos by mekenzie france