2.22.2015

Install of the Day !

Hi There . . .

Mekenzie and I hit the road the other day, south bound to Nichole Hasan's home to pull together her nursery.  Layla was born a little early so it was game on to get this room finished for Nicole in time for her baby shower this Saturday.  Happy to report we finished it with all the details.  

Nichole and I have work together for over a year now transforming her entire home room by room. When she let me know she was having a little girl I couldn't be happier for her and Jameel.  Knowing her taste and the colors I have used in the home, lavender was my first choice.  I don't really do "themed" nurseries or kid's rooms so the goal in this space was incorporate a color palette that would work with their home while giving it a sweet, nursery feel.   I love a room that transitions easily when the crib leaves.  

Take a look at my design plan for Nichole's nursery.



Visually it turned out soft, with just the right amount of pop.  The rug I chose pulled all my colors together.  A taupe, shades of purple, hot pink and a touch of yellow.  A white lacquer dresser and upholstered rocker - glider  to stand the test of time, a simple crib and a gorgeous drum chandelier.


Our big splurge in this space, the windows.  This new fabric is a sheer with stitched taupe polka dot paired with functional, black out lined romans in purple.


We got creative with the art.  We wall papered two large boards in a fun graphic and mixed in the metal yellow flowers and a small "love" piece we saw on Pinterest and created ourselves.  Simple and easy.







So happy for you guys !  Loved being a part of this special room.