7.19.2014

Install of the Day !

Hey!

Morgan is the oldest of all the sisters I installed last week.   Her request, blue.   It was time for a larger bed and a more sophisticated look.  I love this paper and have used all but this color way.  It was my starting point. Maggie jumped in and helped with pulling fabrics for pillows and windows and together we finished off the look with a chaise, desk, rug and accessories.  

This room looks so clean, fresh and pulled together.  Love the finished product !




It feels like a trip to the shore, yet all the pieces are (believe it or not) kid friendly.  The bedding - washable, the side tables, easy to clean off.







Amazing fabric by Matthew Williamson, absolutely love.



I often splurge on a fab fabric (the Williamson) as a good focal point, this fabric, much more affordable was the perfect choice for the amount of yardage we needed to cover these windows.  I did a sway back this time, something I don't often do, but did so for easy mobility to let down and darken this big window.

A fun chaise and inexpensive Crate and Barrel floor lamp (available in other colors) finish off this cozy reading spot.



Big new desk, art (I snapped up on One Kings Lane) to fill an empty wall and my favorite lamp at the moment.  (I ordered several of these as they were heading down the discontinued road - boo !)

all photos by mekenzie france


It was a crazy, crazy week, but fun.  I cannot wait to hear how the girls liked their spaces.  Many thanks to Maggie for pulling off another big install in Hickory this week while I was working on this one.  Bree, you too - running between jobs.  I could do any of this without you guys !

We will head up to Hickory with Mekenzie to shoot those spaces soon while we are wrapping up a pretty cool living space for an additional client.

For now - this rainy Saturday - I think I will stay in my pjs on the sofa.

Happy Weekend !!!